When I reflect on designers who have influenced my style, Diane Von Furstenberg immediately comes to mind. The launch of her iconic wrap dress in 1974 came to symbolize independence and power for an entire generation of women. Now, a global lifestyle luxury brand of shoes, handbags, accessories, jewelry and more, DVF has stood the test of time!
I believe every gal needs a wrap dress in her closet. And nothing beats the fit and quality of a Diane Von Furstenberg. This iconic piece has been key in every collection launched over the past 50 years, I’d say she’s got the style perfected!
Tips for Shopping DVF
- Where to buy. With a little legwork, you can pick up a gorgeous piece at a fraction of retail. A collector, I look for pieces on Poshmark, ThredUp, Consignment Shops, The RealReal, Nordstrom Rack, Neiman Marcus Last Call – to name a few. Ebay does house a large selection, but beware of fakes. I have fallen victim to fraudulent DVF items on Ebay – as soon as I felt the fabric I knew it was a fake. With many articles available to read on spotting a fake, here is just one I found on the Ebay website if you want to read more (HERE). I now avoid Ebay for DVF and have found fabulous pieces else wear.
- Know your size. I usually size up in DVF. If your items is going to be Final Sale, ask for measurements before buying and ask if the dress has been altered.
- Consider a print. Everyone needs a black dress; but once you’ve found the perfect LBD – DVF prints are fabulous! Wait for the one that speaks to you. Prints are personal and need to work with what you own in your closet. Being I wear a lot of black, I always ask; is the base color brown, blue or black. With a black base, I can always wear black shoes and handbag.
- A great deal, is a bad deal if if you never wear it. The price may be right, but if the print and style don’t fit your lifestyle I suggest you pass.
- On Logo’s. I’m not a big logo person, but I love the DVF Lip Logo, it makes me happy.
A Dress for Every Season
It’s true, I have a DVF wrap dress for every season of the year, with room for another fun print! Hey, when you find something you love you roll with it!
Look of DVF
Not DVF, but if you know what you are looking for, you can find the look for less!
Need Help with Accessorizing?
A dress is a single garment outfit so accessories are key. If you have trouble accessorizing, consider giving RocksBox a try! I have been a member of RocksBox for 2 years and I can’t say enough great things about it! A subscription Premium Jewelry Box, you can read more on RocksBox Here. And if you like, feel try to use my share code to try your first month out for free! suzannebff65
Do you own a DVF wrap dress or two?
Tell me what you like about DVF. Is it the styling, the prints, the fit, the quality? Drop me a like down below, I’ld love to hear your thoughts!
I invite you to join the fun over on Facebook by following my Facebook Page @AskSuzanne (HERE). As you all know, I post twice a week here on AskSuzanneBell.com, but I post daily to Facebook, often on topics not covered here on the blog.
More Ways to Get Social on the Great Web!
Stay up to date between posts by following me on Instagram (HERE), Facebook (HERE)…be sure to hit that “like” button, you know you want to, so just do it, or Facebook won’t share! Twitter (HERE), Pinterest (HERE), Bloglovin and now You Tube (HERE). Where I Link Up! Not Dressed As a Lamb / Fashion Should Be Fun / Visible Monday
Have Your Visited my New Website?
I invite you visit my all NEW Website, RickandSuzanneBell.com, where I partner up with my husband and business partner Rick Bell in the world of Silicon Valley Real Estate. I just uploaded a new video, an interview with local Real Estate Attorney Harry Price titled How Neighbors May Complicate a Sale Transaction (HERE). Come join the fun and let me know what you think!
Pamela Taft says
OMG what a great post.when the DVF wrap dress came out I must have Collected 10 of them. I am tall and curvy… they fiT me perfectly. They are so forgiving. Love your choices of prints. Fun seeing you and your beautiful family! Love,
Thank you Pamela, a fellow DVF lover! Do you still have any of your dresses? How fun would it be if you kept them, I bet they were all fabulous! xx
jodie filogomo says
they are all fabulous and no wonder you can’t stop adding more!!
It’s true. It is the one dress that always works, classic with a twist I say…thank you for stopping Jodie and for sharing your denim look in today’s jeans over 40 post!