I hope you are all enjoying the long weekend and some well-deserved downtime. May is always a busy month around the Bell Household. Between the end of the year school wrap-up, work, the daunting task of planing out summer vacations around my son’s summer waterpolo schedule, to the many celebrations; my daughter and husbands birthdays, our Anniversary (27 years!) & Mother’s Day… It’s all good, I just wish I could hold on to May a little longer, to savor all the celebrations and joy, she brings with her each year.
That said, it’s finally starting to feel like summer around here. The weather is heating up, and I’m looking forward to the carefree relaxed feeling that comes with the summer months. My college daughter will be home soon, my son will have wrapped up his junior year in high school, and we’ve got some fun teen/young adult trips planned. I am looking forward a more relaxed schedule, getting lost in a good book by the pool, travel, more time outdoors, relaxed time with friends and family, digging up new summertime recipes, visiting farmers markets, and dining al fresco. What are you most looking forward to this summer?
My plan for this week, was to push out a post featuring my Memorial Day sale picks, but a few things got in my way of publishing.
- I was in Las Vegas, poolside at the Wynn with Mr. Bell for some R&R; enjoying some great food at Giada (my go-t0), and newcomers Vanderpump Paris (a must for a girls trip) & Javiers (not as over-the-top as the Newport Beach location). We also took in the new Cirque Soleil show, “Mad Apple” at New York, New York – a must see if you love the city of New York and Cirque Soleil. But for Vegas first timers; “O” is THE show.
- Shopping is kinda a crap shoot right now, with designers all over the place and poorly designed trends – even fit specs seem off to me (it’s gotta be a post-pandemic thing)
- I figured you all already knew where the good sales were 🙂
Today, we will take a look back at my May Favorites, from outfit ideas and items I’ve bought (and kept!), to what I’m reading and the best of the Blogosphere. Shopping links for any of today’s mentioned items, can be found at the bottom of today’s post.
This Months Favorite Outfits
Hot one day and cold the next, May was full of unpredictable weather. I found myself wearing jeans or long skirts, layered with tank tops and long sleeve button-downs on top. When I did wear a dress, it was usually with a denim or utility jacket. I wore my slip dresses quite a bit, as I could easily layer a tee underneath for an extra layer of warmth. If you look closely, you will see a few of my favorite pieces on repeat. That makes me happy, as it means my wardrobe is working in a way it should be. Elements from each of this months featured looks, can be found in the links below.
Aerosoft Thong Sandal
After hearing rave reviews of this sandal on the Today Show, I rushed to order them. Available in 3 colors, I took these on my trip to Vegas, and me feet were so happy I did. The orthopedic insole is not only extremely comfortable, it actually provided relief to my blistered, sore feet. They are water resistant, so they doubled as my pool slides. Under $40, to learn more (Press Here).
Perfect-fit Tank | J Crew
There are 2 features I love about this particular tank top.
- the built-in shelf bra
- the fit around the waist is more forgiving than other layering tanks – at least that is how it fits on me. Unlike other tanks that grab my ribcage, showing every lump and bump, this tank has a bit more room throughout the torso IMO. Also available without the shelf bra feature in a v-neck (here).
Now on sale on sale at JCrew, I just picked up 3 more colors. Learn more (here).
Two fab sandals, now BOGO at Target
You’ve heard me rave about the braided sandal from target (runs 1/2 size big IMO) and here’s another great find, the Kendra Pool Slide. $16.99, now on BOGO, buy one, get the second sandal 1/2 off.
A Lisa Jewell super-fan, I can’t put down, The Night She Disappeared. Perhaps her best mystery thriller yet, available on Amazon (here). For more Lisa Jewel and Ruth Ware reviews (press here). For my archived Beach Read recommendations (press here).
Best of the Blogosphere
- If you love wearing white shirts in the summertime, be sure to check out Kim’s post, Easy Chic for Spring/Summer with White Shirts .
- Post Pandemic Styling is not easy to navigate, and I found Sarah London’s post, Spring Summer Fashion: Curate Your Own Style, to be quite inspirational.
- Many of you have been asking about shorts, but being I rarely wear them myself. I suggest you check out my pal Nina’s post, Should Women Wear Shorts After 50?.A great discussion on the topic, along with helpful shopping links to browse.
- What you wear UNDER your clothes, is just as important – if not more so- than the clothing itself. For suggestions, tips and shopping links for bras, undies, slips and panties, visit What We Wear Under it All.
Nordstrom June 1/2 Yearly Sale on now (Press Here)
Nordstrom Rack Clear the Rack Event with and extra 25% off clearance items (Press Here)
Anthropologie: take extra 40% off sale items (Press Here)
J Crew: extra 60% off sale styles and 30% off almost everything else (Press Here)
Free People: take 25% off all sale items (Press Here)
Shop May Favorites
Each of the following items are linked for your convenience. Click any image for more details and to shop.
Have a great week friends, and I hope to see you back next Monday with an all new post!