Did you catch last weeks post, Styling a Denim Dress + 10 Ways To Wear Denim This Summer?
- Tuck Your Chambray Shirt In
- Tie Your Shirt Over a Dress
- Wear your Chambray Shirt as a Topper or Swim Cover-Up
- Try a Skirt
- The Wide Leg Pant
- Pair a Chambray Tank with Your Favorite Bottom
- Opt for Dress
- Dress Over White Pants
- Shoes Sure are Fun
- Dare to Wear Denim on Denim
Have you tried any of the above combos? Today’s look could not be more effortless – yet feels pulled together. A simple shirt dress paired with a white cami, my favorite Tory Burch Miller wedge sandals and Eric Javits fedora can take me just about anywhere in style. Heck, thanks to the topper, I didn’t even bother washing my hair! My exact shirt dress is from Ruby Ribbon, and can be found by shopping my friend and Ruby Ribbon stylist Susan Battat’s website (HERE). My sandals are Tory Burch (HERE). This Eric Javits hat is an older style, however I found a similar version for you HERE. I picked up this vintage Kate Spade straw bag while thrifting with my pal Kim Wheeler of NorthernCaliforniaStyle, isn’t it fun?
Links on this site are provided for your convenience. Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links and I may receive a very small commission when you click on a link. As always, all selections and opinions are my entirely my own. Scroll Below to Browse Today’s Look and Similar Pieces! To shop my exact shirt dress, hop on over to my friend and Ruby Ribbon stylist Susan Battat’s website (HERE). More pieces I love:
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Update
Lastly, mark you calendars for Thursday 7/12; Day 1 for Nordstrom Card Holders to shop the Anniversary Sale!
- Make a list! Evaluate your closet now. What are you missing? What might you need to complete looks in your closet, now and this Fall.
- Check your lingerie and workout drawers. Now is the best time to stock up on foundation pieces as they rarely go on sale during the rest of the year.
- Are you low on cosmetics that you regularly use?
- Accessories. Are you missing anything in the area of sunglasses, belts or scarves. Cashmere wraps are always nice to have AND make beautiful gifts.
- You can only wear so much Fall in the middle of July. I allow myself a budget and the option to select ONE unique Fall Statement Piece. Last year it was a denim jumpsuit from 7 For All Mankind that is still in regular rotation, even in the summer months. The year before, an animal print sweater coat from Joie.
- If you love it, get it now. Quantities are limited and sizes on popular items sell out fast. If you are not sure of your size, get 2 and return the one that doesn’t fit.
- Set a budget as it’s easy to go over board. But if you do, Nordstrom has an excellent return policy allowing you to always return those items you’ve had second thoughts on.
What do I look for? Being out here in California, I tend to pass cold weather items as we don’t see a chill out in these parts till after Thanksgiving. That said, this is my sale to check out deals on bras, panties (Natori, Comando, Chantelle (three faves), and Zella active wear. I always check out Barefoot Dreams Cardigans as I live in these year round for loungewear. Looking for a new handbag or shoes? The prices are great! I love browsing the jewelry, watches and sunglass selection. I check out the new fall trend items from favorite brands that are not usually on sale i.e. Vince, Tory Burch, Premium Denim, DVF, Rebecca Taylor, Rag & Bone and more. Last, there are loads of great offers in cosmetics for you cosmetic junkies out there!
I’ll be sure to report back once I check the Sale out myself. Thanks for the visit ladies and have a wonderful week!