When did October happen? I feel like I blinked and the month was here! Before we bid a fond farewell to September, I want to thank all my readers who have tuned into Ask Suzanne Bell this past month. It has been quite an adventure and I hope you are enjoying the journey as much as I am enjoying sharing it. So much has happened, I want to share a few highlights from last months posts before we move full speed into October.
Ready? The best of the blog from last month:
Gray nails. If you haven’t checked out this fabulous neutral, you gotta give it a try just for fun! When I did mine, I felt instantly chic! There is a shade of gray for everyone. If you missed the post, click HERE.
Some of my favorite shades of gray are :
- Dolce Gabbana Anise
- Essie Over the Edge
- Essie Chinchilly, an easy taupe gray that goes with most of skin tones. A best seller in the local beauty supply store in town.
- Rimmel Steel Gray
- OPI An Affair in Times Square, a pretty purple gray shade.
- OPI You Don’t Know Jaques!
- OPI How Great is Your Dane? A grayish brown shade from the Nordic Collection
Here are just a few fabulous ladies showing off their shades of gray!
Pixi Lip Balm. At Target or Birchbox for $8.00. This lip balm was my favorite sample in the September Birchbox. I have been wearing it everyday, it is that great! For August Birchbox reviews click HERE, for September reviews click HERE
Booties. These short boots are being worn with everything from dresses to denim this season. I personally love the wedge style for the comfort and style if offers us Moms! The wedge heel gives a nice lift on the leg combined with comfort. This is a real winner in my book! For all Dolce Vita wedge bootie styles, click HERE . For the blog review click HERE
D’Orsay pumps. I love this style and even better in hair calf. This incredibly flattering and versatile shoe is a go-to in my closet. If you missed the post on the Okala pump and why I love it so, click HERE
Statement coats. Clean out the coat closet and make room for a fun new coat, they are coming at us fast this season! I am loving all the fabulous colors and silhouettes out there right now. Here are a few of my favorites from Boden. For more details click HERE :
Clean out the closet. Now is the time to make room for new fall additions. I always leave the tags on any new purchases until after I clean out my closet. Once my closet it cleaned out, I have a clear idea of that I am missing or need to replace.
Here is a quick recap:
- Remove all of the clothes from your closet and lay your clothing on the bed. I place handbags, shoes and accessories in separate piles on the floor.
- Now sort. Keep all the clothes that you wear on a regular basis and clothes that you would miss if they weren’t in your closet. If you’ve worn a certain item in the last week, month, or even few months, you should hold on to it as long as it’s seasonally appropriate.
- Ask yourself these questions with each garment:
Have I worn this in the last year? If it has no sentimental value, it’s time to donate/resell it.
Is this item so worn, pilled or faded that neither I nor anyone else will ever wear it again, toss it!
Does it still fit? Stop waiting for the day that it will fit and donate it.
- Re-entry. Hang up your clothes and organize them. Try to hang up as many of your clothes as you can. This will make it easier for you to find your clothes and to conserve space. I like to use thin felt type black hangers. You can get these at Costco, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Target. These hangers allow for more storage and the items don’t slip off.
- I like to organize my clothes by type. I separate my knits, blouses/shirts, pants, skirts, day and special occasion dresses. Once all the items are back in the closet I colorize them so I can really get a sense of what I own.
- One of my girlfriends gave me this fantastic tip: hang your clothes with the opening of the hanging part of the hanger toward you. When you wear an item, put it back in normally. Later in the year, you can go through your closet and evaluate the hangers that are still backwards and decide then if you want to keep the items or donate/resell them.
If you missed the post , want more details or need a refresher, click HERE:
One reader emailed me with a fantastic way that she organizes her shoes and recycles at the same time. She uses the spinach and strawberry containers from Costco to keep her shoes clean and organized. I just had to share!
September additions. After evaluating what I already have in my closet, I have added the following items to my closet this month. I patiently am awaiting a shift in the weather so I can take these lovelies out on some fun outings!
I hope you all enjoyed this past month as much as I did! I am looking forward to October and all it has to offer! Thanks for stopping by!
If you would like to receive Ask Suzanne Bell in your inbox weekly, subscribe on my home page in the upper top right box. Subscribers will receive a weekly update in their inbox with links to my current postings on Saturday’s. Like me on Facebook to receive updates thoughout the week on sales, hot items and more! You can also check me out and follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram for inspiration on design, home, fashion, tweens and more! Just click though the links on the home page to be directed to the site of your choice to follow.