Scarf print skirts and dresses have seen a revival over the past few seasons thanks to designers like Tory Burch, Burberry and Ferragamo. A scarf print is bold, often floral or otherwise nature-inspired, and on silky fabric. And as in the skirt I’ve styled today, like an actual scarf, it has a handkerchief hem. Styling such a bold piece can be intimidating, but it’s actually quite simple to create a chic, dressed up or down look, once your get the hang of it.
A scarf-print with a black background will be the easiest to style. From there, all you will need is a pair of black boots and a black statement belt to pull the look together. Here’s a few ideas on what to wear with a scarf (or any printed) skirt.
- Turtleneck sweater | Tall boots | Statement Belt
- Chunky Sweater (try a 1/2 tuck or not) | Tall Boots
- Fitted Tee (black or white) | Cardigan | Belt | Tall Boots
- Fitted Tee (black or white) | Leather Moto Jacket | Pumps, Sandals or Booties
- Black sweater | COLORED Boots | Statement or Chain Belt
- Fitted Tee (black or white) | Blazer (try belting it) | Boots
- Crisp White Shirt | Belt | Boots or Booties, Block Heel Sandal or Mule
- Denim Shirt | Statement Belt | Boots
- White T-shirt | Belt Bag | Denim Jacket | White Sneakers
- Channel your inner Versace by puling out a color or two out of the skirt and go for a pattern mixed look, ie: leopard or coordinating print blouse on top, skirt on bottom. Keep the belt, boots and belt all one color, like black, to ground the look.
Scarf-Print Skirt 3 Ways
Skirt | Zara 2019 | similar idea under $100, NORDSTROM (HERE) | ZARA (HERE) | Tory Burch (HERE) | (HERE)
With a fitted white tee (Rag and Bone), a statement belt in black (Custom Made), black tall boots (Tory Burch) as my base, I switched up my top layer to achieve 3 totally different looks. Accessorized with Vintage Dior sunglasses (circa 1970) and a studded black handbag, I love how each look came together. I can see switching out the white tee for a black or red turtleneck sweater when the weather cools off a bit. Which is your favorite?
Look 1: Crop Leather Jacket
Look 2: Black Velvet Duster Cardigan
Look 3: Animal Print Faux Fur Coat
Shop The Post
Save up to 40% with new markdowns at Nordstrom (PRESS HERE)
Take 30% off your purchase at Bliss Beauty Los Altos with code ‘B4B’ thru 10/31 (PRESS HERE)
Up to 40% off UGG at Nordstrom Rack (PRESS HERE)
25% off over one million items at ThredUp with code ‘TREAT’ thru 10/31 (PRESS HERE)
Up to 40% off all tops and sweaters at Anthropologie this weekend (TOPS | PRESS HERE) (SWEATERS | PRESS HERE)
I like the first one with the leather jacket!
I also like the length and color of your hair.
Hi Judee! Thank you, the leather jacket is probably the most flattering – but you know me with my long dusters. My Pandemic hair! I decided to let it grow, if not now, when – right? I have not cut if off yet. I’m trying to hang in there, it’s actually easier to manage during these times as I can pull it up or back, which is nice. Hope all is well with you. xx Suzanne