Now more than ever, we need cozy pieces that can take us from morning coffee and walking the dog to working at home, couch surfing, and wherever else life takes us on any given day. Some might argue that joggers are the new leggings, but as much as I love my joggers, leggings are still an essential part of my wardrobe. Each of us have a favorite workout legging; mine happens to be the Live-In High Waist Legging by Zella (PRESS HERE), my daughter on the other hand, swears by the Wunderunder (PRESS HERE) or Align (PRESS HERE) legging from Lululemon. Today we’re talking about the “other” leggings; the ones designed for those of us who want to get out of our compression workout gear and into a comfortable look that can take you just about anywhere – and yes, I have my favorites. And after we discuss leggings, I’ve rounded up some great deals from Nordstrom on easy to wear tunics tops and sweaters, flannels, boots and accessories to browse – most of which have already hit the cyber sale racks as we approach Black Friday.
The Power of Three
Why three. If you are looking for a legging with a tummy panel – one that you can wear out day or night, consider the (1) Lysse Ponte Legging (HERE). More substantial than the Hue or Cuddl Duds legging, this legging is my go-to legging for OUTSIDE of the home. When I am at home working – even running errands, I grab my (2) Hue High Waist Legging. There is NO compression in this Hue legging, but what makes it a win is the perfectly designed no-fall down waistband. High rise, these cover the entire tummy but do not compress, making them super comfortable for all day. Want to feel like you are wearing nothing? Consider the (3) Cuddl Duds Softwear Legging. Thin, and more of a layering piece or lounge/sleep legging, I would only wear this legging in public under a really long tunic or dress. What it IS perfect for, is couch surfing or cool lazy mornings under my Nordstrom Moonlight Dream Sleep Shirt (PRESS HERE) | (PRESS HERE for the NEW midi-length version) topped off with a cozy cardigan (LIKE THIS ONE) and Uggs (HERE). I’ve worn my Cuddl Duds Leggings in place of long underwear because they are so soft and stay up. Also available in a fleece-lined version (PRESS HERE).
The ABS Guide to Legging Success
- Very important, butt and crotch remain covered at all times.
- Prints and patterns are super fun, but black is always the most flattering color.
- Invest in a pair that is not see-thru.
- Tunic, tunic, tunic – the key to coverage.
- Stick to this style guideline: skinny on bottom = full on top, balance is key!
5 Winning Legging Outfit Combinations
- legging + tunic sweater + puffer vest
- legging + tunic tee + flannel shirt
- legging + tunic blouse or shirt – layered UNDER a shorter sweater
- legging + tee + long cardigan sweater
- legging + any layering piece from the above list + poncho
(1) Via Spiga Animal Print Vest (low stock, now 40% off) | SIMILAR IDEA (HERE) | AND (HERE) AND (in a hip length puffer style HERE) // (2) Hue Legging // (3) Halogen Oversized Turtleneck // (4) Ugg Wedge Boot (SALE HERE) // Classic Cuff Ugg (on sale!) //Halogen Oversized Turtleneck //(5)All Saints Crossbody Bag (on sale!)
Nordstrom Cyber Sale Finds
Also from Gibson and on sale at Nordstrom, check out (THIS) animal print long cardigan, also available in grey and black. Looking for a heavier weight animal print cardigan, check out (THIS) tiger stripe piece from Cupcakes and Cashmere.
(THIS) long cardigan is now under $40 and is available in 5 super neutral colors. Prefer a little CASHMERE? Check out the wool/cashmere long cardigan from Halogen, available in petite and regular – now 60% off (PRESS HERE).
I love the blouson sleeves on (THIS) cozy v-neck tunic sweater from Halogen, now $45.90, as well as on (THIS under $40) TopShop Ribbed Cardigan. Now 50% off, (THIS) cable tunic sweater from Lucky Brand would also be super cute with denim. If you are tall like me, (THIS, below in dot) twist pullover might require a longer tank in order to pull it off with leggings, but it is such a great layering piece, I wanted to be sure to link if for you since it comes in 8 colors and is now under $30! (PRESS HERE)| Gibson twist front pullover)
When it comes to tunic tops, (THIS) henley tunic is a great basic, available in black, off-white and beautiful lilac color, in XS-XL, now $24.90.
When it comes to flannels, I love Rails, but they can be pricey. I was excited to see quite a few Rails Shirts now on sale at Nordstrom (PRESS HERE to browse)
Browse the entire Nordstrom Cyber Sale, from now thru December 1st (PRESS HERE to shop)
Shop the COZY AT HOME SHOP at Anthropologie (PRESS HERE)
5 More Legging Posts to Read
- How to Wear and Style Faux Leather Leggings (PRESS HERE)
- 5 Pairs You Need to Know and How to Style Them (PRESS HERE)
- Cold Weather Style: How and What to Wear With Leggings (PRESS HERE)
- Leggings Are Not Pants! (PRESS HERE)
- Lysse Leggings and Other Blog Favorites (PRESS HERE)
Till next week…stay safe, stay warm, stay cozy,