Last week we talked about how to pull together some fun go-to outfits our with skinny jeans. If you missed the posts last week, you can still catch up!
Today, I want to talk about a great bottom alternative to denim and pants; full skirts.
Full skirts are picking up steam this season. Why? They’re flattering, flirty and fun!
So, let’s talk about how we can take this sassy silhouette out with us on the town. You can wear the same accessories and shoes that you wore with your skinny jean outfit; just switch out your top and bottom. In lieu of a skinny bottom/drapey or tunic top we are working with a full bottom/fitted top silhouette.
- The skirt. I love the pleated skirt that is happening now. Leather, chiffon, silk all equally beautiful. Black is easiest if you like to keep things simple.
- Tops. Since the bottom is full, keep the top fitted. A fitted white shirt or thin sweater looks classic. A silk, lace, leather or knit shell is a great evening look.
- Shoes. I picked the bootie. I love them, that’s why! You pick the height and amount of edginess you are comfortable in. I also love a d’orsay, lace up or cage pump.
- Top layer. This can be a leather jacket, long topper or jacket; for example a velvet or furry jacket is fun for the holidays.
- Bling. I love long pendants and chains to add evening drama. If your top is pattern, grab some earrings with some bling. This look is a bit more minimalist so keep that in mind when accessorizing. Let the skirt be the statement.
- Handbag. Yes, you will need a bag for your lipstick, some cash and phone at a minimum. I love the new chain cross body styles for evening. They add pizzazz and you are hands free. A fun clutch always works great too. Consider leaving the big bag at home.
Let’s first get some inspiration via Pinterest
The skirt, full and flirty.
These pattern and leather skirt options are fantastic!
Pop on a black top for a holiday party!
Remember full on bottom, fitted on top.
I like the jacket to be cropped or long, not in the middle. Go with a crop leather or leather-like jacket, velvet or furry crop jacket. I also like this look with a long topper in a solid or an animal print (oh-la-la!) I think this look looks fab with a little contrast; i.e. the flirty skirt and silk shirt/shell offset by the edge of a Moto jacket.
For the full Polyvore set and links, click HERE
How fun is the little fur number on the right for $59.00? Nordstrom | HERE
I just spotted this fab cross body at Nordstrom. Available in 5 patterns, Halogen clutch wallet | $68.00 | HERE Love the python and gunmetal lizard
I like a bootie, d’orsay pump or fun sassy pointy toe pump.
Below are the same booties I showed in last Wednesday as options to wear with your skinny jeans for a night on the town
The Sam Edelman Okala pump for a simple classic look HERE
to read about why I love it click HERE
My heart started racing when I saw my favorite pump available in gold and black for the holidays, WOW!
For a festive party look, I love this lace up pump.
And Ladies, drum roll…I found it for you at an amazing price!
I couldn’t believe it myself when I saw it!
You are welcome!
PS Libby is Libby Edelman as in Sam and Libby Edelman, shhh don’t tell!
How fun are they? No wonder their shoes are so fantastic!
You can read on the Target collaboration in Forbes HERE
And since I am hearing how you all love a deal, my plan is to deliver at least one great look for less each week so stay tuned. Whohoo!
Do you love it?
Be sure to pop back in on Saturday for Let’s Go Out! Part 4 where we will be pulling it all together with great accessories!
If you would like to receive Ask Suzanne Bell in your inbox weekly, subscribe on my home page in the upper top right box. Subscribers will receive a bi-weekly updates in their inbox with links to my current postings on Wednesday and Saturday. Like me on Facebook to receive updates thoughout the week on sales, hot items and more! You can also check me out and follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram for inspiration on design, home, fashion, tweens and more! Just click though the links on the home page to be directed to the site of your choice to follow.