In an effort to help get the word out on how we can all help support small businesses this Holiday Season, Rick and I recently partnered with Bliss Beauty Center Los Altos in producing a video interview that discusses what services and products they are currently providing, what they have done to make shopping safe during Covid, and what we can do as consumers to support local businesses.
Shop the Bliss Beauty Annual Holiday Sale!
Now, thru the end of 2020, take 20% OFF ALL RETAIL PRODUCTS in-store and online.
What do I love from Bliss beauty? Pretty much everything, but y’all know I have favorites: here are a few things I’m loving right now.
- Post shower, the Kitsch Microfiber Hair Towel (HERE) helps dry my hair while I’m putting on my skincare and makeup. No more huge turban sliding off my head, a great stocking stuffer for under $20 (with GIFT20 discount)
- FarmHouse Fresh (PRESS HERE) |I bought the Guac Star Avacado Mask and Agave Ageless Body Oil for my mom and she loved it!
- Fresh (PRESS HERE) | Currently loving the Sugar Wonder Drops (day and night primer for dry lips). My daughter and I are never out of stock on the Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment. Our favorite colors are HOney, Poppy, and Bloom. Dial a Bliss Beauty and they will help you find the right shade for your skin tone.
- Osmosis(PRESS HERE) | After attending a workshop on how to use Osmosis products, I became obsessed with “Polish” – a cranberry enzyme mask, “Quench” – a delicious smelling moisturizer for my sure dry skin, the “Stem Factor Growth Serum” and for cleansing my daughter uses “Cleanse” – a gentle cleanser and I use “Lift-Away” – a balm that removes makeup and dirt and leaves my skin soft and not dry.
- My girlfriend Kanesha, loves (THIS) Sleep Rollerball which I plan to pick up for myself as well. From Auminate Life, you can browse all of their products and essential oils (HERE)
- Have you heard of Elizabeth W? Made in San Fransisco, her scents are what sets her products apart. From Lavender to Eucalyptus (two of my faves) you can shop candles, hand creme (love), soaps, parfum, and more (HERE)
These are just a few of the amazing products you will find a Bliss Beauty Center. Check out their site to shop online, call to virtual shop with a Bliss Beauty, or visit in person at Rancho Shopping Center in Los Altos.
About the Owners
Tiffany & Riley Lehman took ownership of Bliss in 2016. A Bay Area native, Tiffany has her Bachelors in Hospitality Management from San Francisco State University. She has worked at spas and salons servicing the Peninsula community since 2006, most recently as the Spa Director at the Four Seasons Silicon Valley in Palo Alto. It has always been her dream to own her own location and that dream came to fruition with Bliss Beauty Center. Riley, who grew up on a family farm in Iowa, came on board at Bliss this time last year. His background is in health care and he has a Masters in Health Administration from the University of Iowa. They have navigated their small business through a global pandemic while welcoming their new son, Bearett, in October who joined their 4-year-old daughter Hazel and Goldendoodle puppy, Waffles. Tiffany, Riley, and all the Bliss Beauties can’t express how much they appreciate being a part of and the support from the Los Altos community!
We all love the convenience – and discounts – of an online purchase from a big brand, but do you really want the world to ONLY comprise big brand retail? I don’t! The survival and success of small businesses are CRITICAL to the fabric of our villages, towns, and cities and they can only survive if we support them.
Now, more than ever, small businesses like Bliss Beauty Center Los Altos need our support. So ask yourself, what could you buy today that you might otherwise buy from a big box or online retailer?