I don’t know about you, but now is the time of year, when I start thinking about heading somewhere warm – ideally someplace with a beach (but right now I’d settle for a pool). Today I rounded up my top 5 travel essentials, when headed somewhere in the sun.
Sunscreen is a must.
While searching what’s new in the sunscreen world, I came across COOLA Hang Ten 30.
Claims to spray 360 degrees to get those hard-to-reach places. And, it’s cheaper than other COOLA products. COOLA Sport Spray in Pina Colada.
Anyone tried it yet?
On my list to read right now:
All three look like fun beach reads. If you have yet to read The Husbands Secret – maybe add it to your list. It’s a page-turner, the perfect beach read!
In addition to my top 5 above, there’s a few other essentials I’d add, when packing for a warm and sunny destination.
- A convertible black maxidress/skirt. One to take me poolside to cocktails with little or no effort. Read more on convertible maxi skirts, and how I style mine, in this past post on the blog, 2 Key Pieces | 14 Outfits.
- A pair of Havianna Flip Flops, are a must have. ASB Tip: Target makes a fun knock off for $3.99. You can also pick up past season styles at Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack at a discount.
- A fun beach towel. I love Trina Turk, but the Marimekko for Target spotted black and white towel, featured last week on the blog, is pretty darn cute HERE.
- A big beach bag. One that can multitask as a carry on for the plane, as well as a bag for all my gear poolside. For cheap and cheerful Target bags, click HERE
- A facial water spray. For a splurge, I LOVE Caudlie Beauty Elixir. Prefer to spend your money on a fun cocktail? My cheaper buy, is Evian. Pick up a set of 3 for $21.00, over at Nordstrom.com.
- Last, I can’t live without my Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for lips, and cracked skin. An ASB fave and must have! Read more on Dr. Lipp, in Summertime Beauty: Face, Hair and Body Essentials, on AskSuzanneBell.com.
Where Would I’d Love to Be Right Now?
Tropical. Somewhere warm, all day long.
I don’t like being cold.
So it only took me 45+ years to admit, I don’t like anywhere cold. My favorite destination is the Amalfi Coast in Italy; Sorrento and Capri.
It’s heaven on earth, between the lemon trees, Limoncello, fabulous food, wine and people. A fun party atmosphere – not to mention amazing shopping (sandals and bikinis!), architecture, and gorgeous weather – all day long.
Domestically, we travel to Kauai as often as we can, staying on the North Shore of the Island. My favorite spot? Oceanfront at the St. Regis Hotel.
For quick trips; since we live in Northern California, you will often us in Santa Barbara, at the Bacara Resort and Spa. Read more Santa Barbara Adventures, and what to wear while visiting, click on over to You Can Do Boho Beach.
Or right here in Santa Cruz, CA.
This past Spring Break, we rented a beach house, right the sand. It was fabulous – there was something for everyone, and we weren’t piled on top of each other! I love day trips to Carmel, CA, where I prefer a quaint Bed and Breakfast spot. My husband and I visit Las Vegas a couple of times a year. There you will find us poolside at the Bellagio Hotel, gearing up for a cocktails and dinner on the balcony at Olives, with a fun show afterwards!
Where do you like to travel, to shake off the winter blues?
What are your travel essentials?
When traveling somewhere warm, what can’t you live without?
Did you catch the Sip and Swap Party, last weekend on the blog? If you missed it, click HERE, and see how easy it is to host your own clothing swap with friends.
I love that ladies have been sending Kanesha and I photos, wearing their swap finds!
Here’s a few from this week, via Instagram
Are any of you planning your own swap?
Clean out the closet, make some room, and give it a try!
Have a great weekend!
Thank you to HomeAway, for creating the fun vacation graphic for AskSuzanneBell. HomeAway is a vacation rental company that has available properties all over the world! They pride themselves on being able to give families a full home so they can experience a wholesome vacation. If you’re looking for some family friendly tips, they have a number of articles you should check out here!