During my last closet clean out I realized that one item in particular was in need of an update, my denim bottoms. To me, a great pair of jeans is one of those items that looks better the longer you have a pair. My favorite? A pair of boyfriend jeans from 6 years ago, that I wear all the time. Come fall, when tops are more oversized and heavy sweaters require slim bottoms to balance it all out; it’s my black Paige and AG dark skinnies. Trends in denim have stayed the same for years with really nothing new to get all to excited about. It’s been pretty much about skinnies, straight leg or boot cut – pretty straight forward. Sure, colored skinnies popped up, but really not much else – until now.
Denim is everywhere this year from classic suiting styling to destroyed boyfriend jeans and everything in between.
Head to toe suiting
All over denim looks
Full circle, I have donated or consigned any denim that is no longer working for me and am on the lookout for a few replacements.
After studying what is out there, my denim wish list looks something like this:
- A pair of destroyed jeans: seen in everything from skinnies to boyfriend – poolside to cocktails with heels
- A tailored piece of denim: this could be a crop blazer, pencil skirt or dress; 9-5 and beyond
- A fun new silhouette – palazzo, flair, new wash,white – not sure yet but that’s part of the fun!
Now this just happens to be what is on my list at the moment. I have found the first item on my list in my Citizen’s for Humanity Emerson distressed vintage wash jeans HERE
From chambray to dark denim, dresses and skirts to jumpsuits and beyond – the possibilities are endless!
Here are a few fun denim styles that caught my eye recently:
To avoid this look
and get more this look
- Off-set all blue with a pop of color in your shoes or bag. Try colors like yellow, pale pink, red or orange.
- Neutral more your thing? Try taupe or cognac accessories and bag.
- Flares? Opt for a chunky wedge sandal and tuck in your shirt to show off your waist.
- Chambray dress? Try adding a sleek choker and strappy heels or sneakers.
- Denim Suiting? Stick with tailored pieces in dark denim.
Anyone else looking to update their denim? Have you found a great piece that you love? Do share! I know we’d all love to hear!
A shoe that will go with just about anything? Check out some fun wedge sandals HERE
AskSuzanneBell readers can still get 20% off Young Villagers Handbags and 10% off MOX waterproof ballet flats. Details in this post HERE
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the weekend!
A Quick Note on www.AskSuzanneBell.com
Looking for a past post on beauty reviews, stuff for tweens, everyday style or dressing room reviews? Find these, plus my Instagram slide show of daily outfits, current pins on Pinterest, sales events and happenings all on the AskSuzanneBell.com website home page HERE.
Looking for more Outfit Inspiration?
Follow me on Instagram where I post daily. You can find me as @AskSuzanneBell.
Don’t want to miss a post?
Subscribe to receive a new AskSuzanneBell post delivered straight to your inbox on Wednesday and Saturday’s. Subscribe box is located in the top right corner of my home page.
NOTE: I know we all love our mobile devices, but the www.AskSuzanneBell.com website is significantly more robust on your computer than the mobile version and includes much more content to view, stop by and take a look around!