Let’s face it, the holidays can be hectic, and figuring out what to wear to the many events, can be downright stressful. But if you take a little time to lay out a few outfits (more options = less stress) ahead of time, you will give yourself the gift of time – to breathe, pull yourself together, and perhaps enjoy a glass of bubbly or tea – before heading out the door.
Step 1: More Options, Less Stress: Pre-plan 2-5 Holiday Outfits
- Check your calendar, what events require an outfit beyond your everyday uniform? Laying out a few holiday looks BEFORE your event(s) will save you valuable time and last-minute running around prior to the day of. I find(THESE @AMAZON) closet dividers helpful for organizing looks within my closet.
- Why 2-5? Come the day of, you might not FEEL like wearing that ONE outfit you carefully pre-selected. Weather, mood and body all come into play when getting dressed – no one can possibly know ahead of time, HOW they will FEEL.
- Scan your wardrobe. Rarely will I go out and purchase something NEW for a holiday event. And if I don’t already own pieces noted to pull an outfit together I’ll visit my favorite consignment or thrift shop, where holiday pieces are in abundance this time of year – often new with tags.
- Details matter. Do you own the right foundations, accessories, shapewear, hair piece, hair accessories, and outerwear in order to complete your holiday look?
Step 2: Accessories Make the Holiday Outfit
- Accessories are the key to creating a look that’s all your own. Like adding a few seasonal throw pillows or a cozy blanket to your sofa, adds a personal touch to your home, you can achieve an entirely different look with your outfit by simply swapping out your jewelry, or throwing on a scarf.
- Short on time? A sparkly headband atop a ponytail, bun, OR hairpiece – my go to holiday accessory – can take your quick ‘do from blah to fab! I think a beautiful wrap is more glamorous than a cardigan for a night out. A fun bag, belt, hat, or bling are icing on the cake.
- Fun accessory tip: add sparkly broaches as “buttons” to your look. Grab a wide ribbon, silk scarf or sash – add a sparkly broach in the middle – voila, you have a belt!
Step 3: Pulling It All Together
- Select 2-5 outfits that FIT and FLATTER your body, TODAY.
- Do you have accessories on hand that work back to your outfit, if not, dig into your drawers or even a costume bin, you never know what you will find when you are un-rushed.
- If nothing sparks joy, take the ENTIRE outfit, including the shoes, to your store of choice (I always start at the consignment store).
- Get help! A knowledgable salesperson will save you valuable time and money.
About My Cat-Eye Readers
One of my best purchases ever, I bring my rhinestone cat eye readers out every holiday. A functional sparkly accessory and a big bang for your style buck. I cannot recall where I purchased these some years ago, but I found a very similar pair over on Etsy for you to check out (HERE). I’ve also linked a few more pretties, all at reasonable prices. Swipe or click left to view, click on any photo for details.
How do you keep your sparkle going during this busy time? Drop us a line down below, I’d love to know your thoughts!
I hope this post was helpful to get you to start thinking about planning your own looks for the weeks ahead.
Wishing you all much love and joy this holiday season…let’s make it fabulous friends! xx