Tonight, 7/12 at midnight, Nordstrom Card Holders can begin to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. If you have never shopped the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, here’s the skinny. For 25 days, savvy shoppers have the ability to buy new items before the season – at limited time low prices. In today’s post I’ve summed up what trends I’m seeing for early fall along with my pro tips to shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. As the sale rolls out, I’ll be sure to share my favorites, here and on my Facebook Page HERE – so be sure to check back for up-to-date scoop over the week to come.
Dates to Know:
Thursday, JULY 12 : Early Access Shopping Begins (cardholders only). Preview catalog HERE.
Thursday, JULY 19 : Last Day of Early Access
Friday, JULY 20 : Sale Opens to Everyone
Sunday, AUGUST 5 : Sale Ends
The BIG Question: How can I possibly shop fall style BEFORE the trend reports are out?
One of the challenges of shopping a Fall Sale mid-July is we are still in the middle of summer. If you are like me, you’re still looking for that perfect sandal or jumpsuit to wear to a patio party next weekend. Yet, some of the best deals and fall pieces ARE available during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and many Nordstrom Cardholders love to shop their hearts out. So in the event you are looking to grab a piece or two to elevate your fall wardrobe and stock up on some basics, I rounded up what in my mind are percolating trends that I believe will continue thru the fall/winter 2018 season. Then scroll down for my pro tips on how to navigate the sale and enjoy the process vs. going into full panic Black Friday shopper mode.
- Color: Yellow to mustard yellow (yes it’s true and most can’t wear it by their face. But as a pop of color in a print or stripe – handbag or shoe, mustard looks fresh and new!). Blush pink to rose tones. Burgundy and red tones continue along with rust.
- Patterns: Stripes, color blocking and florals that are straight forward and not ‘overly pretty’
- Shoes: Ankle boots, interesting heels, block heels with a twist, mules, slides and WHITE! Maryjane straps in pumps and flats are easy to wear. The “new” bootie has a “v” shape in front and hits at the most flattering point on your ankle. It’s a new shape, it’s everywhere and goes with everything!! Sneakers are still going strong and cuter than ever!
- Dresses and jumpsuits in midi lengths look fresh and new. Also look for wraps and shirt dress styles in new fall prints and stripes.
- Tops: Tie front and wrap details. Sleeve game continues, moving to the wrist with banded, button, cutout and ruffle details. I think BLOUSON sleeve will be big!
- Pants and jeans: Cropped styles remain strong, as shoes remain the accessory to show off! Wide legs will compliment this seasons sweater game as will the high waist in all bottoms. Raw hems and interesting hem details continue.
- Outerwear: Top coats look fab for fall in pops of color!
- Fabrications: Velvet, crushed velvet and yes, Ponte is making a comeback! It’s stretchy and comfortable, so why not?
- SHOP ONLINE! You can shop in your pjs with a cup of Jo without ever leaving your bed. Doesn’t that sound better than fighting the traffic and parking? AND the selection is always bigger online. If you are the type of person who likes to see things live, then I suggest purchasing what you “have to have” early, then visit the store at your leisure, knowing your favorites are on the way and won’t be sold out when you get to the store. Browse the online catalog now, HERE.
- Make a list! Evaluate your closet now. What are you missing? What might you need to complete looks in your closet, now and this Fall.
- Check your lingerie and workout drawers. Now is the best time to stock up on foundation pieces as they rarely go on sale during the rest of the year.
- Are you low on cosmetics that you regularly use?
- Accessories. Are you missing anything in the area of sunglasses, belts or scarves. Cashmere wraps are always nice to have AND make beautiful gifts.
- You can only wear so much Fall in the middle of July. I allow myself a budget and the option to select ONE unique Fall Statement Piece. Last year it was a denim jumpsuit from 7 For All Mankind that is still in regular rotation, even in the summer months. The year before, an animal print sweater coat from Joie.
- If you love it, get it now. Quantities are limited and sizes on popular items sell out fast. If you are not sure of your size, get 2 and return the one that doesn’t fit.
- Set a budget as it’s easy to go over board. But if you do, Nordstrom has an excellent return policy allowing you to always return those items you’ve had second thoughts on.
What do I look for? Being out here in California, I tend to pass cold weather items as we don’t see a chill out in these parts till after Thanksgiving. That said, this is my sale to check out deals on bras, panties (Natori, Comando, Chantelle (three faves), and Zella active wear. I always check out Barefoot Dreams Cardigans as I live in these year round for loungewear. Looking for a new handbag or shoes? The prices are great! I love browsing the jewelry, watches and sunglass selection. I check out the new fall trend items from favorite brands that are not usually on sale i.e. Vince, Tory Burch, Premium Denim, Lewitt, DVF, Rebecca Taylor, Rag & Bone and more. Last, there are loads of great offers in cosmetics for you cosmetic junkies out there!
Note: the following photos are from LAST YEAR’S Anniversary Sale Shopping Escapades with my girlfriends and our personal shopper Bella. The Barefoot Dreams cardigan however is available THIS year, in a new style HERE.
Wrap-Up: I’ll leave you with my words of wisdom. Don’t get sucked in by every blogger and Instapost telling you you HAVE to HAVE THIS HOT ITEM. Stick to your list, enjoy browsing all of us going crazy about the deals for the next few weeks and enjoy your summer…you’ll have many an opportunity to shop fall fashion when the season actually comes, I promise!