Cold one day, hot the next. As much as I want to spring forward, March always delivers fickle weather, making getting dressed each day a challenge. So what’s a girl to do?
If you can, hold off on packing up those sweaters and boots for a few weeks, and give this 5 step exercise a try. It might be just what you need to get you through the next few weeks in style!
- Step into your closet and pull out 5 bottoms, 5 sweaters, 3 dresses, 5 fall/winter shoes, 5 jackets or toppers and 10 tops – that you LOVE. Not the guilt pieces you haven’t worn all season, but pieces you love or want to wear more of before this season ends.
- Now, place these 30 pieces in a separate area of your closet.
- Add a few of your favorite scarves and accessories to the collection.
- Have some fun! Challenge yourself to create at least 5 wear-now looks from the 30 pieces.
- Congratulations! You’ve just created a mini-capsule wardrobe that will carry you through the next few weeks. Hang in there, spring is right around the corner!
Today’s look is an example of taking a “spring-ish” stripe midi skirt and pairing it with 3 of my favorite winter pieces; a denim trench coat, brown slouch boots and a suede hobo bag. Spring forward a few weeks, I’ll style this same skirt with sandals, a tank and perhaps a straw tote. All 3 of today’s “winter” pieces are part of my mini-capsule wardrobe. By separating my favorite cold weather pieces from the rest of my wardrobe, getting ready this month has been a cinch – in spite of the bi-polar weather we’ve been having.
SHOP THE LOOK!
With the exception of my SEA Midi Skirt, all items are older pieces from my closet. My Tory Burch Slouch boots are more recent, and are now on sale; linked for you below. Simply click on any image that strikes your fancy and be taken to the site for details.