Cold one day, hot the next. As much as I want to spring forward, March always delivers fickle weather, making getting dressed each day a challenge. So what’s a girl to do?
If you can, hold off on packing up those sweaters and boots for a few weeks, and give this 5 step exercise a try. It might be just what you need to get you through the next few weeks in style!
- Step into your closet and pull out 5 bottoms, 5 sweaters, 3 dresses, 5 fall/winter shoes, 5 jackets or toppers and 10 tops – that you LOVE. Not the guilt pieces you haven’t worn all season, but pieces you love or want to wear more of before this season ends.
- Now, place these 30 pieces in a separate area of your closet.
- Add a few of your favorite scarves and accessories to the collection.
- Have some fun! Challenge yourself to create at least 5 wear-now looks from the 30 pieces.
- Congratulations! You’ve just created a mini-capsule wardrobe that will carry you through the next few weeks. Hang in there, spring is right around the corner!
Today’s look is an example of taking a “spring-ish” stripe midi skirt and pairing it with 3 of my favorite winter pieces; a denim trench coat, brown slouch boots and a suede hobo bag. Spring forward a few weeks, I’ll style this same skirt with sandals, a tank and perhaps a straw tote. All 3 of today’s “winter” pieces are part of my mini-capsule wardrobe. By separating my favorite cold weather pieces from the rest of my wardrobe, getting ready this month has been a cinch – in spite of the bi-polar weather we’ve been having.