This past week, I’ve been getting up early to enjoy a patio coffee date with my husband. He’s an up-at-dawn kind of guy, whereas I prefer rise as my spirit moves me – so we often miss each other in the mornings. So we compromise, meeting up with our mugs at 8am before the teens are up and rustling, to catch up and enjoy each other’s company before the day takes on a life of its own. Another new normal.
These days, we need to find joy where we can, which is often in the smallest of moments. Be it the calm of a 6am walk, mid-morning meditation, sunrise yoga (check out Hana Raftery’s online yoga library | HERE), planting an herb garden, crafting, picking up a beach read (check out Then She Was Gone | HERE), baking, a social distanced meet-up with a friend, a walk at sunset, an impulsive morning drive to the ocean to watch the sunrise, DIY home spa hour, an unscheduled bike ride, setting up a zoom call with family or friends – the point is, continue to search for ways to bring joy into your life.
Our Mood Is Affected By What We Wear
HOW we decide to show up each day matters. Studies have shown, when wear what you love, you look good, you feel good, and perform much better in your personal and professional life. I can say for certain, the days I MAKE AN EFFORT in my appearance, I DO FEEL BETTER. This means knowing what types of garments reflect your needs and lifestyle TODAY. It means dressing your TRUE SELF.
How we show up looks different for each of us, especially in these changing times where many of us are working from home or not working at all. So I’m saying make a conscious choice to select a piece you love, makes you feel confident or productive – and wear it today. So much these days is out of our control, but choosing how you show up is all on you.
Are you in?
- Birdies Slippers: Gold Sparrow Slide on sale at Nordstrom PRESS HERE | To Browse Birdies newest Slides PRESS HERE | Shop All Birdies PRESS HERE
- Graphic Tunic: More styles available at Valle Road Collective PRESS HERE or read more about VRC HERE
- St Jazmin Sarong PRESS HERE
- Accessories: Crystal Headband (TASHA) for similar PRESS HERE | Sunnies (GUCCI) | Long Crystal Strand (Grannies) | Cross Pendant (CABI) | Statement Earrings (Thrifted @ Repeter Los Altos
Teach yourself to love your body and style TODAY. Discover the joy and ease that comes with creating outfits that reflect your personality and lifestyle, every day. For more on this topic, I invite you to visit these helpful articles:
- Discover Your Style: How to Create A Style Diary (PRESS HERE)
- Re-Boot Your Wardrobe | A Virtual Styling Session (PRESS HERE)
- Are You Dopamine Dressing | Lucy Bertoldi (PRESS HERE)
- 10 Ways to Wear One Dress (PRESS HERE)
- Wardrobe Refresh: Evaluate Your Closet in 5 Easy Steps (PRESS HERE)
- What’s Your Signature Style? (PRESS HERE)
- Join Valerie Lee Ferrari of Chateau Bel Age for FASHION DISTRACTION, everyday at 2pm (PST) on Instagram (PRESS HERE)