Offering the comfort of a legging and endless styling possibilities of a jean, let’s give it up the pull-on jean! And before you give me a “hell-no-way”, let me explain.
Pull-on jeans have come a long way from the dark blue pull-on jegging. In fact, if you pay attention to the wash and style, this new addition to the denim world looks all as good as your favorite pair of jeans, while being just as comfortable as a pair of leggings or lounge pants. Heck, they sell them at Free People ladies, this is not the pull-on pant of the past. Available in a wide range of washes, rise, and leg silhouette, my personal go-to is the flare bottom.
And if you’ve been looking to add a pair of pull-on jeans to your wardrobe, a few of my favorites (in all silhouettes) just hit the sale racks at Nordies and Macy’s in a big way! Personally, I love the flare jean silhouette because they make my legs look longer and add curves to my shape. For effortless styling, pair her with anything from a tunic to a dress for a chic boho look. In the photo below I’m wearing the Just Float On superflare (view at Free People | HERE). With an extreme bell bottom, this style runs quite long and may not be for everyone. If I were to purchase it again, I want to try the ‘Penny’ silhouette from Free People (HERE) – still a wide flare, no zipper, and more mainstream.
My more mainstream pair of pull-on jeans is from William B (shown below, only available at William B boutiques), BUT she is VERY similar to (THIS) pair I just picked up from Ella Moss (I’ve been looking for a dark wash), now on sale for $38.16 at Macy’s **use promo code ‘MEMDAY‘**for an extra perfect off.
Note: as we roll into Memorial Day Weekend, in addition to Macy’s, Nordstrom (HERE) is offering huge discounts this week, and in an effort to support my favorite “big” retailer during these challenging times, most of today’s picks are from Nordstrom.
Shop Sale Pull-On Flare Jeans:
Styling Tips for Flare Jeans:
- No floods, please. In order to make your legs look longer, the hem must graze the ground – think Rachel Zoe!
- To maximize the elongating effect of this style, I suggest pairing your jeans with heels. If you want to wear flats, go with skinny, crop baby boot or straight leg jeans.
- It’s all about balance! Think full bottom = fitted on top. Fitted bottom = full on top.
- The idea of the flare jean is to elongate and add curves to your shape. Keep this silhouette in mind, when you are working with how to style your bottom.
- Play with wearing this style under a dress or kimono for a fun boho look!
Shop Crop Pull-On Jeans
Shop Full Length Pull-On Jeans
See you back here on Friday with more Fashion Fun!