Since the start of this pandemic, many of us bloggers have been reluctant to talk much on fashion and style; there just didn’t seem to be a place for it, and I for one wasn’t in the mood. But it’s been almost one year people, ONE YEAR! And with spring on the horizon and things SLOWLY opening up, it’s time to up our game, if simply for our own well-being.
That said, if you are content in your at-home style, read no further. But, if you’re like me, and so over joggers, leggings, zoom and oversized tops then read on for how I plan to escape the Pandemic Style Rut.
- Clean out your closet: when is the last time you dug in and let go of items that were out of style, didn’t fit, or were pilled or faded? PRESS HERE for my 5 Step Closet Cleanout Guide.
- Assess your wardrobe: donate or consign any items that bring up negative feelings from the past 12 months (or more). I recently consigned and donated A LOT of items from my own closet; many for the sole reason of not wanting to wear them one more day.
- Keep only the pieces that bring you joy: one of the many life lessons of this past year is that life is short, and there’s no time like the present to live your authentic life, which includes how you choose to present yourself to the world. Wear outfits and colors you love, period.
- Comfort matters: many of us will never wear a pair of heels (or tight-fitting pants) again. Luckily, designers have been paying attention; turning out more sneakers and chic comfort sandals (like THESE and THESE from Birkenstock) so that we no longer need to sacrifice comfort for style.
- Add a pop of something unexpected: a pop of color, shine, sparkle, feathers, faux fur, or unexpected print can bring life to any outfit.
It’s no secret that many Insta or Style Bloggers style an outfit for a photoshoot, only to return to the comfort of their joggers and sweatshirt once they are done. This year, one of my goals is to share primarily looks that I’ve actually worn all day long. That translates to having outfits that I can move in and love. This past week, after purging my wardrobe, I made a conscious effort to only wear outfits that made me feel good. Easy concept, but much more difficult than it sounds.
Here’s a look at one of my favorite slip dresses, worn 5 ways, layered multiple ways for our bi-polar Northern California weather.
Early Morning Layering
white tee + denim jacket + knit fringe wrap + suede mules
white tee + denim jacket + suede mules
white tee only + accessories + suede mules
white tee + knit fringe wrap + suede mules
Early Evening Back At Home
white tee + knit fringe wrap + feather Birdies mule/slippers + McDonald’s diet coke and apple pie (it’s Friday, why not?!)
Shop the Post
Are you sick of Stay-Home Pandemic Style? What are you doing to change that? Drop us a line below, we’d love to hear how and what you’re doing!
We are approaching a style crossroad. Challenging yourself to wear ONLY pieces you love and see what happens. Whatcha got to lose?
Have a wonderful weekend friends!